As a pilot of a rented or borrowed plane, you are accountable, and for more than you think.
- You could be legally liable for bodily injury and property damage caused by your use of a non-owned aircraft
- Even a minor incident in a rented or borrowed plane can cost you plenty — and surprise — your FBO's insurance probably won't cover you, leaving you financially liable for repair costs and legal fees
Do you really know your obligations when you sign a rental agreement or borrow a friend's aircraft?
The fact is, you could be flying unprotected. Renter Insurance from AOPA's partner for insurance, AssuredPartners Aerospace, has you covered and for much less than you might think.
- 5% off for AOPA member;
- coverage starting at just $81/year for liability or $175/year to include physical damage to the aircraft
- Provides legal defense liability protection on bodily injury and property damage at no additional charge
- 10% renewal discount with a clean flying record